For the Salmon and Asparagus:
- 2 lbs salmon filet cut into six 6 oz portions
- 2 lbs 2 bunches asparagus, fibrous ends removed
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small lemon sliced into rings for garnish
For the Lemon-Garlic-Herb Butter:
- 6 Tbsp 85 grams unsalted butter, softened (*see quick softening note)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice from 1 small lemon
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt we used sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 450˚F with oven rack in the top third. Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, trimming the paper to just fit so it doesn’t go over edges of the pan (this prevents the paper from charring under the broiler).
How to Make One-Pan Salmon Asparagus:
Place salmon fillets in a row down the center of your lined baking pan. Arrange trimmed asparagus on the sides of the salmon. Drizzle asparagus lightly with olive oil and roll to coat. Sprinkle both asparagus and salmon with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash together all ingredients for flavored butter. It takes a couple of minutes to come together but keep mashing and it will happen. You can also use a food processor for the job if you prefer.
Spoon 3/4 of your flavored butter over the salmon and spread evenly (no need for perfection). Dab the remaining butter mixture over the asparagus. Top each salmon filet with a slice of lemon and bake uncovered at 450˚F for 10-12 minutes (a thinner fillet will take 10 minutes and a larger fillet takes 12 minutes). Set the oven to BROIL and bake another 2-3 minutes to give the salmon a golden glow. Bake until salmon is flaky and cooked through.
- Serve with the ablo preheated following the instructions on the bag.